14 Hours of Non-stop Action
It was supposedly the most hectic day of my week. And the fact that my Introduction to Computer and Information Systems lecture at 8.00 a.m. was cancelled didn't make my day any better, too. That particular day was yesterday, Tuesday the 22nd of August 2006.
I was rather happy to receive the announcement that the ICIS lecture was cancelled. That meant that I would have more time to rest (mark: sleep) and also more time for me to prepare for my Chemistry lab which was at 10.00 a.m. However, to my horror, I found that I had hardly any time at all to even stop for lunch.
If you're wondering what my Tuesday timetable is like, here it is:
8.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. - ICIS lecture10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon - Chemistry Tutorial/Lab
1.00 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. - English lecture
2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. - Physics lecture
4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. - Engineering Mathematics lecture
5.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. - English Tutorial
Based on the above timetable, you can see that I have only enough time for lunch at 12.00 noon and a bit of nap at 3.00 p.m. However, yesterday, I hardly had fifteen minutes for lunch and no time for nap at all.
I had to do three graphs for my Chemistry lab work. After doing the experiment, I was supposed to submit the report at 4.30 p.m. on the same day. I was like, "Now, how am I going to complete my work? No way will I be able to complete the three graphs and answer the remaining questions if I start my work at 3.00 p.m.!" So, I decided to have lunch and at 1.00 p.m. I went, dutifully, for my English lecture.
But when the lecturer started her lecture, I had no other option but to take out my Chemistry work and start completing it. There was no use being guilty about it because soon, I felt thankful about completing them during other lecturers' lectures; otherwise, I would not be able to finish my work at all! And I would have been penalised if I had submitted my report late.
The graphs took me two hours to complete, which meant that I took the whole of English and Physics lectures to do my graphs. And at 3.00 p.m. I rushed back to my room to complete the remaining questions at the Discussion section.
At 3.30 p.m. upon completing my report, Josiah and I rushed to Building 19 to submit our lab reports, only to find that we were the first ones to submit the report. Good! we thought. And thus, feeling much relieved, we made our way for our Engineering Mathematics lecture in Lecture Hall 1, 10 minutes away from Building 19.
By the time I returned to my room at around 7.00 p.m. I felt really tired because I had not rest at all since 10.00 a.m. and yet I'd got other things to do. I knew that UTP Chinese Orchestra was going to have practices, so I took a quick bath (of course making sure that I'm clean) before rushing off to Multi-Purpose Hall to have my dinner there (dinner is provided for those involved in the Convofair). Then, at 8.00 p.m. our practices started. As the instructor was not there to conduct, so I was asked to conduct the orchestra. The practices ended at around 9.30 p.m.
I walked back to my room, went online for a while to check the day's news, downloaded Kei Fai's questions about his assignments and tried to attempt the questions before Jared came up to my room and reminded me about Cell Group. It was about 10.30 p.m. Fine, I thought, I'd go for the Cell Group meeting.
The meeting lasted for almost one and a half hours, and by the time the meeting finished, my friends in the Cell Group would say how haggard I looked, and I had to account for my tired looks. When I reached my room, Jared told me how terrible I looked. Therefore, I concluded that I had to lie down and sleep. I meant to blog after the Cell Group meeting, but no, my energy had been totally drained. I changed into my pyjamas and immediately slept, only to wake up at 10.00 a.m. the following morning. As ICIS lecture at 10.00 a.m. today was also cancelled, waking up at 10.00 a.m. was totally OK. I felt much refreshed.
Fortunately, my day yesterday started at 10.00 a.m. However, I wouldn't be so sure about my future Tuesdays, for I have ICIS lecture on that day. If my Chemistry lab requires so much work, I'm afraid I'd collapse in my bed easily that night.
Labels: Henry Yew
2 Comments:
Dear dear Amusa,
This is the typical UTP life.
In fact, as an UG student, I have a worse timetable arrangement. Eight to three, non-stop.
That's a student's life.
Knock Out,
Haha... indeed that's a university student's life. However, it is rather up to us to decide on our timetable, don't you think so, if it's possible? Well, my timetable wouldn't have been so packed if it wasn't because of other extra activities.
By the way, just a reminder. AMusA is not my name; it's my title that I obtained after passing my diploma as an Associate of Music Australia (that's what AMusA [pronounced Ey-Mas-Ey; "Mas" as in "must"] stands for). Just a special note to those who are a bit confused.
Post a Comment
<< Home