Thursday, December 28, 2006

Having a fine time here in Johor Bahru

OK, a little update about my adventure in Johor Bahru. I arrived safely in Larkin last night at about 9.30 p.m. I left Ipoh at 1.30 p.m. and told Josiah that if there are no unforeseen delays, I should be able to reach Johor Bahru (JB) by 9.30 p.m.

Unfortunately, as we reached Kuala Lumpur, I found out that we would have to stop at Pudu Raya because some passengers were stopping there. I thought that we would be losing precious time here because we arrived KL at about 4.00 p.m. and it wasn't until about 5.15 p.m. that we continued our journey from KL to JB, which was initially hindered by massive traffic jams.

To make up some lost time, the bus driver continuously maintained a speed of 90 km/h. You might ask how I knew the speed. Well, there are markers at the side of the road which appear every one hundred metres, so I measured the time it took for the bus to pass from one marker to another one which was one hundred meters ahead, and I found that it took four seconds for the bus to travel one hundred metres, so it was 25 m/s, or in other words, 90 km/h. Rough estimation, but nonetheless rather accurate.

Upon arriving in Johor Bahru, I was well received by Josiah and his father. I was taken to their house where I was then welcomed by his mother. We had a nice conversation and soon it was decided that they will take me around JB as I am particularly new here. I'd been to Malacca and Singapore but not JB. How disgraceful, I thought!

Anyway, I laughed the moment I saw Josiah. Well, not that his face was funny or whatever, but it was more of his hair. What happened to his hair, you asked? Well, I shall upload the pictures later and you can see for yourselves what I meant.

Today, being my first day in JB, I was brought around to some well-known areas such as Danga Bay, and toured around the city of Johor Bahru. At night, I was even taken to a night-ride around the city and even had supper in Perling, the place where Josiah and his family used to live. Though the Chinese food in JB is similar to that in Ipoh, the style of cooking is remarkably different.

I won't want to take more time to write now, because Josiah's younger brother needs to sleep. So, off I go now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home