Friday, February 24, 2006

Just another day of my life

OK, it's now 1.35 a.m. and I'm still not in bed yet. I have lectures later at 9.00 a.m. so I'll just keep this blog entry unusually shorter so that I can catch up with my sleep. I'm going to have Chemistry at 9.00 a.m. and then I'll be free for the rest of the morning and afternoon. Then from 3.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. I'll have my Engineering Maths tutorial, followed by an English tutorial from 8.15 p.m. to 10.15 p.m. (but believe me, it always ends about half an hour earlier because the tutor could complete what she was supposed to cover for that particular day).

My goodness, I had a shock when I logged into my Friendster account a few minutes ago. I went through my profile and noticed that it wasn't the same anymore. There were extra lines that I don't remember writing, and I definitely never wrote, "How to Make Crap...."...erm... honestly, I don't even remember the full title, as my Favourite Book. Obviously, someone somehow managed to gain administrator access to my account and manipulated my profiles. Thankfully, I think he/she didn't send hate bulletins or hate messages to people. There are such indecent, irresponsible people doing uncivilised things. And some people actually call themselves civilised. Really, I think these people ought to go back to the Ice Age.

So you say that maybe I didn't log out after accessing the Internet from the Information Resource Centre? That's impossible! I always log out after I logged in and clear the history, the cookies and the offline contents from the Internet browser. However, such happening was anticipated. I foresaw that somehow, my Friendster account will be hacked. My account is just waiting for the chance to be hacked.

It is high time for me to change my log in passwords already. Previously I use an eight-character password; this time I've changed most of my passwords to ten characters. I have a twenty-character password which is reserved for the most important and private matters. So, I always have a Plan B.

All I can say is, change your passwords regularly, too. You'll never know when you'll be the next victim of hackers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home