Near food poisoning
Beware of what you're going to buy! The date of expiry may not, after all, be that accurate. Be alert about the quality of things, especially food and drinks, that you're going to get from a shop. Allow me to relate whatever had happened early this morning (as in, just after midnight).
I was on the Internet, and I felt hungry. Therefore, Josiah and I decided to go to Village 4 to get something to eat or drink. Upon my arrival at the grocery store, I decided against snacks so I bought a bottle of Dutch Lady chocolate milk. Josiah got himself a bottle of fresh milk.
Before purchasing that bottle of chocolate milk, I checked the expiry date first. It read, "16th of October 2006", which is half a year from now. Thinking that everything is in order, I paid the price of the milk.
Back in my room, upon opening the bottle of milk, I smelt something bad (like the thing that you dispose off in the toilet). Thinking that it might be normal, I gave it a taste. God! It was terribly sour, and the bad smell of the chocolate milk was simply overwhelming! I went straightaway to the toilet, threw up the excess milk in my mouth, and gurgled with lots of water.
I told Josiah about it, and about how annoyed I felt. Josiah agreed to accompany me back to the grocery store. We went back to the same place and had the milk changed. But instead of getting another chocolate milk, I got myself a bottle of fresh milk. I checked its expiry date again (it says October 2006), and this time I had to pay an extra 20 sen because it costs RM2.70. Immediately after paying, I opened the bottle of milk straightaway and had a sip. This time, it is OK, much to my relieve.
These days, you just have to be careful of what you are going to buy, especially when it comes to food and drinks.
Labels: Henry Yew
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home