O-C-C-U-P-I-E-D (also known as B-U-S-Y)
Yes, yes, I know that I have not been blogging lately. Well, I couldn't help it as I was pre-occupied with assignments and the EduCamp which was held in UTP. I was chosen as a facilitator of the EduCamp, so I was really busy walking up and down Old Village 5.
After the mid-semester break in March, assignments started piling up as if it was nobody's business. The worst part was that all the assignments had to be submitted almost on the same deadline (as if one or two assignments weren't enough!). Firstly, we had our Moral Studies assignment to deal with, then I (together with the other Engineering students) have the dreaded Physics assignment. Next, the Engineering Mathematics assignment came crashing onto me. Before the mid-semester holidays, we already had the drama and poster presentations to think about (for English). And then, without thinking twice, there was this EduCamp that a lot of us had to facilitate.
Just this week itself, I have completed my drama presentation (it was neither a success nor a disaster), my poster presentation (a nice poster, I think; creatively done), submitted my Moral Studies assignment and my Engineering Mathematics assignment. So I'm left with Physics assignment to complete. Just as we thought that we could have a break, there came the Thinking Skills assignment which has to be submitted to the lecturer by 10th of May and then we have to give a 20-minute presentation on our project including a viva voce! How dreadful!
Well, enough of my groaning about assignments and what-not. For your information, I have tests to worry about now also and then at the end of next month will be my final semester examination (for the first semester). Whew! What a lot of work to do!
EduCamp has been quite a fun. In the first batch, I had been able to meet Jonathan Chew. Then, I met no Michaelians in the second batch, and then all of a sudden five Michaelians from the third! Five Michaelians, namely Khael, Chan Sai Mun, William Liew, Alif Ilyia and Lam Jo Ee, were here in UTP for the EduCamp. I expected only about three Michaelians in the third batch, but there were two more. So, in the third batch, it was nice that I, together with Lai Ser Chun and Jared Ee had quite a wonderful chat with them in Old Village 5.
Though being a facilitator was tiring, nevertheless the experience that I got was a wonderful one. At least I've managed to meet new people from various parts of the country who are of my age; it makes me feel more at "home", in a way.
Well, I'd like to write more in my blog, but I'm feeling rather tired now. Actually, while in the middle of blogging, I received a call from Kei Fai and we chatted for almost an hour. My blogging was constantly delayed and now I'm feeling rather exhausted. Well, at least I've no lectures at all tomorrow. It's cancelled in conjunction with the Engineering Design Exhibition (EDX).
Labels: Henry Yew
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home